Laptop Casino Sites – Windows and Mac
“When weighing up the pros and cons of laptop casinos, it’s essential to take in to consideration what we want to compare them to, and how and where you plan to play. Laptop casino sites are a lot more portable than desktop casinos, but not as portable as tablets and mobiles.”
Whether you are looking to play slots, roulette, video poker or live casino games on your laptop, OnlineGaming4u has a site for you. We have a large choice of tried-and-tested casinos from the United Kingdom’s leading brands including Jackpotjoy, Paddy Power and Gala, and are all available to play on any make laptop with the option to claim free cash bonuses.
Laptop gambling, gaming or both?
Laptop gambling is often confused with laptop gaming. Gaming is a term used to describe anything from playing video games such as Football Manager and World of Warcraft to Facebook slots and real-money roulette gambling. So when we talk about gaming on your laptop for money, we often mean games such as slots, blackjack, video poker, keno, poker etc.
If you are looking for a reliable casino site to play on your laptop, we ask you to consider the first question of whether you want to download casino software (a luxury not available on tablets), or play instantly via your web browser. The majority of people prefer the latter, and the good thing about laptop casinos is that you still get the full range of games that a casino offers, instead of an often-stripped-down mobile archive of games provided to tablet and mobile users. What we mean by this is, if an online casino is classed as mobile-friendly, then players using mobile devices will be re-directed from the main site to a mobile site. So instead of having access to say 500 games on the main site as a desktop or laptop user, you will be presented with only 20-30 of the casinos’ most popular titles. But we’ll cover more advantage points in our summary lists below.
The next thing to consider when looking for a good casino site for your laptop is to try and predict what games you are going to want to play once you are signed up. Visit a couple of casinos first to get an idea of the games they provide. For example, sites like Starspins only provide slot games, whereas casinos such as Paddy Power Casino offer slots, casino table games, scratchcards, live casino games and poker all under one roof. If you are looking for a particular game to play, such as Rainbow Riches, then make sure you check that it is available as not all casinos offer the same games depending on the software providers they use.
4 Interesting points about laptop casinos
- Laptop casino sites give you the quality of a desktop casino experience, bundled in to a portable machine that you can move around.
- Laptops are more powerful than tablets for gambling, especially for multi-task games such as multi-table poker.
- You can connect an external mouse to your laptop for easier movement on games that require a lot of interaction, such as Deal or No Deal, Monopoly and Keno.
- Laptops have a better battery life than tablets and mobiles so you can gamble for longer, with some laptops offering up to 12 hours of play-time.
Advantages of laptop casinos
- Gamble from anywhere with portability you don’t get with desktops. Home, cafes, work, flying, commuting on the train, there are no limits as long as the battery is charged.
- Get the full casino site experience not offered by some tablet and mobile casinos.
- Adobe Flash enabled web browser – play games using software or instantly via your browser. A lot of games are powered by Flash, which is unavailable on many tablets and smartphones.
- Smaller than a standard computer, but bigger than a tablet, for the best of both worlds when playing casino games.
Disadvantages of laptop casinos
- Performance of laptops is sometimes not as good as desktop computers which can make demanding games struggle to run smoothly.
- Not as simplistic as tablet / mobile casino sites.
- Without a mouse plugged in, some laptops can be fiddly to use for gambling as it is difficult to scroll across the screen using the touch pad. This is a particular downside to sportsbook betting and poker users.
Frequently asked questions
1. What size display do I need for a laptop casino?
There are no restrictions on display size and you will be able to play with any gambling site on any size screen, be it 10″ or 17″. A bigger screen is often easier to play games on, but it does hinder the portability. However, if you don’t plan to move around much once the laptop is on, bigger is generally better.
2. What operating system do I need to download casino software on my laptop?
Most casino sites require you to run Windows operating system to install their software. But there is also the instant casino option available which runs from your web browser (no additional software needed).
3. Are tablets and mobiles taking over laptops for gambling?
Although there has been a massive surge on the number of people gambling on tablets and mobiles such as iPad, iPhone and Nexus, laptops still have a strong place in the industry. Usage is still very high for laptops on instant casinos because it offers the full casino-site experience of a desktop but with greater portability. Software providers that run on laptops include Playtech, Microgaming, IGT and NetEnt.